Accidental fire damages shed

Great Bread Tribune – March 31, 2014

great bend fire 3312014

great bend fire 3312014b

Great Bend Fire Department was dispatched to 172 School House Road at 1:35 p.m. Saturday, after called reported his neighbor’s shed was on fire. Firefighters found a 24 by 30 metal shed with heavy smoke coming from the windows and overhead door and roof area.

Building owner Tyson Ryff told them there was a car with several 5 gallon plastic cans inside. Crews were able to enter the building and quickly control the flames. Fire Chief Mike Napolitano said the fire apparently started on the southeast corner where the owner had some cardboard boxes, a wood cabinet and other items. Damage estimates were not available. The fire was ruled accidental.

Gwen Romine, KSFFA Webmaster


%d bloggers like this: