Smoke, but no fire in house

Pratt Tribune – March 11, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – March 28, 2014

A pair of Pratt residents was not injured after a house was filled with smoke early Monday morning from a defective gas valve in their furnace. When firefighters arrived at 613 West Fifth at 4:48 a.m. Monday, they found the house full of smoke but no fire was present, said Pratt Fire Chief David Kramer.

Firefighters discovered that a faulty gas valve in the furnace had stuck open causing the furnace to put out heat even when the power was shut off.

The temperature in the attic reached 200 degrees. Firefighters were on scene for about an hour.

Gwen Romine, KSFFA Webmaster



%d bloggers like this: