Electrical fire at Quality Inn

Arkansas City Traveler – March 26, 2014
Submitted by Newz Group Clipping Service – March 28, 2014

arkansas city fire 3282014c

Arkansas City and Winfield firefighters were dispatched at 2:34 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a fire at Quality Inn, 3232 N. Summit St. One Ark City Fire-EMS Department fire engine, two command vehicles and an aerial platform responded to the scene. The Winfield units were instructed to disregard after they arrived. The cause of the fire was a wiring issue overheated and caused the plastic around it to melt. Firefighters tore a few small holes in the wall around the light to check for any damage to the underlying sheetrock. They then used a pressure fan to blow out all of the smoke. The damage resulting from the fire, mostly cosmetic, was estimated to be around $500.

Gwen Romine, KSFFA Webmaster

%d bloggers like this: