Chimney fire reported at Saline County home

Salina Journal – March 27, 2014

A Thursday morning fire at a house at 2101 E. Mentor was contained to the chimney, according to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office.
Firefighters from Rural Fire District No. 2 responded to the call about 9:30 a.m.
A new wood-burning stove recently was installed in the house, which might have led to the fire in the old part of the chimney, according to Capt. Roger Soldan of the sheriff’s office.
He said the fire was contained to the chimney, although there was some smoke damage.

A Thursday morning fire at a house at 2101 E. Mentor was contained to the chimney, according to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office.

Firefighters from Rural Fire District No. 2 responded to the call about 9:30 a.m.

 

A new wood-burning stove recently was installed in the house, which might have led to the fire in the old part of the chimney, according to Capt. Roger Soldan of the sheriff’s office.

He said the fire was contained to the chimney, although there was some smoke damage.

– See more at: http://www.salina.com/news/chimney3-27-14#sthash.MmfKai7Y.dpuf

A Thursday morning fire at a house at 2101 E. Mentor was contained to the chimney, according to the Saline County Sheriff’s Office.

Firefighters from Rural Fire District No. 2 responded to the call about 9:30 a.m.

 

A new wood-burning stove recently was installed in the house, which might have led to the fire in the old part of the chimney, according to Capt. Roger Soldan of the sheriff’s office.

He said the fire was contained to the chimney, although there was some smoke damage.

– See more at: http://www.salina.com/news/chimney3-27-14#sthash.MmfKai7Y.dpuf