Fire breaks out in Overland Park’s TownePlace Suites

By Tony Rizzo
Kansas City Star – December 30, 2013

One person was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out Monday inside an Overland Park hotel.

The fire at the TownePlace Suites, 7020 W. 133rd Street, was reported just before noon. The building was being evacuated when Overland Park and Leawood firefighters arrived. The fire was found in a third-floor room and quickly extinguished, according to the Overland Park Fire Department.A hotel employee who helped evacuate guests was taken to a hospital as a precaution for treatment of what was described as minor smoke inhalation.

The fire was believed to have started after something was placed too close to a heater, according to the fire department.

0 Responses to “Fire breaks out in Overland Park’s TownePlace Suites”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: