Christmas Eve blaze burns shed behind house in west Topeka

Topeka Capital Journal – December 26, 2013

A Christmas Eve blaze damaged a shed behind a house Tuesday evening at 709 S.W. Watson Ave. but did not reach the house, officials said. No one was hurt.

A Shawnee County Emergency Communications Center dispatcher said firefighters were called at 7:01 p.m. Tuesday to the scene on Watson, which is seven blocks east of S.W. Gage Boulevard.

Topeka Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Cervantez said firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames coming from an outbuilding behind the house. Firefighters made a “quick stop” of the blaze, Cervantez said.

No damage estimate was available Tuesday evening, and the fire’s cause hadn’t yet been determined.

www.ksffa.com

0 Responses to “Christmas Eve blaze burns shed behind house in west Topeka”



  1. Leave a Comment

Comments

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.





%d bloggers like this: